Ozone was first used by municipalities to improve the organic qualities of water with control of taste, odor and color as well as for its germicidal action. Application of ozone in waste water treatment includes the destruction or removal of: complex organic molecules, cyanides and phenols from chemical waste, etc..
In addition, subjecting municipal waste waters or combined municipal waste waters or combined municipal industrial waste waters to a final ozone process enables reuse for applications such as wash-water, irrigation, or fire fighting systems. Ozone is also used extensively in industry in oxidation processes and for disinfection purposes. Typical industrial examples are in the P&P industry for pulp bleaching, chemical industry where ozonolysis is necessary for the production of certain substances, and in cooling-tower systems where ozone replaces the less desirable chemical biocides.
It is an accepted fact that drinking water is disinfected when a residual of 0.4 mg/l of ozone has been maintained for 4 minutes (Typical CT). However, ozone has many additional benefits in the drinking water process:
- In preozonation, ozone improves clarification and avoids the transformation of organic material to haloforms. It also promotes the destruction of micro-organisms such as algae.
- Main ozonation treatment specifically breaks down trace contaminants and enhances the biodegradability of organic substances which are then removed in a biological treatment step.
- Finally, combined treatments involving ozone and activated carbon or ozone and peroxide are currently the most powerful means available to water process engineers for the removal of contaminants and constitute a vital safeguard against accidental contamination.
Ozone System Brief
- Ozone has a high oxidation potential and quick reaction time. It can be used for
disinfection against a wide range of pathogens: E.coli, s enteroviruses, rotaviruses,
phages, Giardia cysts, Cryptosporidium, algal toxins, staphylococcus, Hepatitis A virus, and
many other bacteria, viruses, and molds.
OZ-series small ozone generators
- All our ozone generators are based on the latest modern technologies, including Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors (IGBT) and Modular Power Supply units. Ozone is generated by corona discharge in a tubular chamber with glass sleeve working as a dielectric. All key components are made of highly corrosionresistant materials, preventing their oxidation by ozone and prolonging system service life. System is also equipped with an anti-backflow device, preventing water from entering the unit.
SOZ-series large ozone generators
- SOZ generators are based on the same modern technologies as the Ozone generators, including the IGBT, modular power supply system, anti-backflow prevention, and stainless steel housing.
SOZ generators are made of high-quality materials and imported components from world famous brands. They are designed for continuous 24/7 operation and large-scale applications.