Reverse Osmosis Equipment
Reverse osmosis (RO) is one of the most effective processes for providing a consistent supply of high purity water in healthcare applications.
Typically, an RO system works by feeding a conventional mains supply under pressure into a module containing a semi-permeable membrane. The membrane removes a high proportion of impurities, including up to 98% of inorganic ions, together with virtually all colloids, micro-organisms, endotoxins and macromolecules, with almost 70% of the feed-water passing through the membrane as a purified permeate, with impurities being removed in a residual concentrate stream that is run to drain.
RO systems generally include a pre-treatment package designed to meet the characteristics of the feed-water. Typically, this equipment includes a base-exchange softener to remove hardness that would otherwise scale the membranes. Further protection being provided by passing the water through activated carbon filters, to remove free chlorine and organic contaminants, with any remaining particulates being removed by a fine filter before the pre-treated water enters the RO plant.
For applications that require even higher purity water, such as Heamodiafiltration, it is normal to use double pass reverse osmosis. This involves processing the permeate through two sets of membrane filters, but produces water that has extremely low levels of endotoxins and bacteria.
Reverse Osmosis System Brief
- Our RO systems include all required components, such as pretreatment, RO module, and post treatment system (if needed). We use only high-quality parts and materials from world-famous brands (DOW, Hydranautics, Toray, etc.) to ensure reliable and long-term operation.
We specialize in manufacturing small and medium size RO systems 3 with flowrates from 0.5 to 1,000 m /hr for various industries and applications, from drinking water purification and sea water desalination to production of ultrapure water used in electronics and chemical industry.
Seawater Reverse Osmosis
- We provide 3 basic types of seawater reverse osmosis system for desalination, modular marine use and land based solution. The system is intended to provide fresh pure water drinking or boiler feed, cooling purposes etc.
Our units are manufactured to eliminate a large amount of salts and other minerals from seawater using RO. Our equipment does the filtration by employing a high-pressure pump to salty water forcing it through semi-porous membranes denying salts and other organics from flowing through.
Reverse Osmosis for Brackish Water Treatment
- We provide 4 basic types of industrial reverse osmosis system for brakcish water treatment and purification. HAFE supplies a full line of standard
and fully customizable reverse osmosis systems,
all of which are engineered using advanced 3D computer
modeling and process design software. The reverse osmosis systems are capable of removing salts as well as other impurities such as
bacteria, sugars, proteins and constituents having a molecular weight greater than 150-250 Daltons.
Disc Tube Super RO Module for Wastewater Treatment
- What is Super RO Module?
1. Different from the traditional membrane applications, it is specially used for wastewater treatment and grey water recycling.
2. Special membrane and unique inner design make it high anti-fouling and high recovery.
Membrane Filtration： Selectively permeable membrane as the separation medium, under certain driving force，some components in the raw material selectively permeate the membrane, finally with the purpose of purification, concentration etc.